The employment term is arranged for a fixed period. Thus, a temporary employee works for a short amount of time. Mostly temporary employees are hired by the company to meet the business rush. In addition, the company employs them to avoid the cost of hiring permanent staff.
Several features of Temporary Staffing are:
- Temporary staff may work full-time or part-time.
- There is an end date to their employment tenure.
- Terminating the temporary staff is mostly hassle-free.
- The company mostly requires temporary staff when their employees are on leave.
- They also hire temporary staff on a seasonal basis.
“You can worry about the competition…or you can focus on what’s ahead of you and drive fast..”Jack Dorsey
Benefits of being a Temporary staff:
There are many benefits to being a temporary staff. Several of them are:
- Flexible work: A temporary staff can choose their position and time to take responsibility. Thus, creating a flexible workload.
- Multiple Works: They can choose to work in numerous companies simultaneously, according to their need.
- Gain Experience: The employees can utilise this opportunity to gain experience in various works within a fixed time.
- Know the Company: Employees can get to know the company, its goals, culture and environment without committing to it.
- Full-Time Hiring: After the end of the term, companies can hire permanent employees after assessing their work for the fixed tenure.
Companies sometimes search for temporary employees for short projects and seasonal work. However, temporary employees have limited perks and benefits compared to permanent employees. The temp has more leeway regarding their working place and time. The staff are shortlisted and hired by companies through agencies like Fortune HR services that help employers quickly get the best workers for their projects.